[mythtv-users] Nuvexport and Interlacing

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jan 27 01:46:14 EST 2004

> I'm saving my MythTV files in the MPEG4 format using
> software encoders.  Are these video files interlaced?
> I assume they are, since NTSC video is interlaced and
> that's what we are storing.  I also know that one
> playback option in MythTV is to de-interlace.

Depends on what you mean by interlaced.  I know that there are a couple
of different formats for interlacing, but unfortunately I don't know
more than one.

The one specific to mpeg2enc is the kind of interlacing used on DVD's,
where frames are played somewhat out of order - ABDCEFHG - and I had
originally enabled detection of this in nuvexport's SVCD module.
However, a number of people (myself included) noticed that this caused
some fast-motion scenes to appear to jump (as if mpeg2enc was CREATING
interlacing instead of removing it), so it was removed.

> I'm trying to build an export_DVD module.

Ah, then yes, you should probably enable it to at least 1, or maybe make
an option to set it to 2 (probably not necessary).

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer