[mythtv-users] Homemade case... ;-)

Oxygen oxygen at asisard.com
Tue Jan 27 13:02:18 EST 2004

Yes, the epia run pretty cool but the HD + optical drive + capture card +
video card + the little amount of heat of the epia and the fact the case is
so tight, all the heat with no way out except for the heat transfer that the
case might put into the equation eventually _should_ cause a system failure
if its run 24/7.

It is specially stressful for the hard drive, they tend to get quite warm. I
would put near the HD one quiet fan. Heat affects hard drives stability and
shorten their life. I had a WD drive die on me because of heat. And a maxtor
drive that got very hot, almost untouchable, it started making some clicking
noises, and it went away and performance boosted when I added a hard drive
heat pipe to it.

Oxy.