[mythtv-users] Pundit PVR-350 Tv Out

Damon dwanamak at rogers.com
Tue Jan 27 14:47:56 EST 2004

I have myth Tv 99% setup, and all I need to get working is tv-out (which I
am finding is no small battle).  I have a pundit with a PVR 350.  Initially
I thought it may be easier to setup the SIS Tv out, though I am having
second thoughts after reading some of the comparisons.  Can someone please
assist me with a couple a problems.  I am using Jarod's guide on a Pundit
with 512mb of ram, a 2.4 gig proc, and a PVR350.

Using the following configuration in my XF86Config file I am able to see
the command line boot sequence but everything goes black with the GUI takes
over.  I am using the Yellow Component out.

Section "Device"
Identifier  "Videocard0"
Driver      "sis"
Option      "XvOnCRT2"  "true"
Option      "ForceCRT2Type" "SVIDEO"
#Option      "ForceCRT2Type" "TV"
#Option      "CHTVOverscan"  "false"
Option      "CHTVOverscan"  "true"
VendorName  "Silicon Integrated Systems"
BoardName   "SiS 315/650"
Option      "EnableSiSCtrl"   "true"
EndSection

My questions are as follows:
- Do I need to specifically enable tvout to get it to work, is my config
above wrong?
- Do I need to specifically chose somewhere between component out and
Svideo? (Used composite to test as I had one nearby)

- Would I be better off using the PVR 350 out?
- If so do the same issues apply with regard to output selection.
If I were to use the PVR would this config work:

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90
#options ivtv dec_yuv_buffers=20
#options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 #
options tuner type=2 # NTSC tuner
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
#add above ivtv ivtv-fb
(I would Uncomment the 3 lines, I just put this in my modules.conf in
preparation of getting the PVR-350 to work)

Hope you can help.

Damon.