[mythtv-users] HELP!! Is anyone using SUSE 9 for Myth?

Greg greg.d at cwgsy.net
Tue Jan 27 16:34:03 EST 2004

thanks for the reply Curtis.

I've tried following the standard mythtv docs, tried the bits for mandrake
thinking they might help, I've tried the suse 8.2/9 how-to on the ivtv wiki
and nothing seems to work, although I have come from unresolved symbols to
couldn't find kernel version.
Any help greatly appreciated.

here are the messages I get when I do modprobe ivtv:
saa7127.o: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-166-smp4G/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7127.o
failed

saa7115.o: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-166-smp4G/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7115.o
failed

msp3400.o: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-166-smp4G/kernel/drivers/media/video/msp3400.o
failed

ivtv.o: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-166-smp4G/kernel/drivers/media/video/ivtv.o
failed

insmod ivtv failed.

Greg

Hi,

   I dont have my Myth box setup on SUSE - but it shouldnt really matter
since it isnt a package... I compiled and installed 2 or 3 versions by now,
and have never had any wierd problems - with them, but I have had weird
problems like your talking about with other things... What steps are you
taking to compile and install them?

Curtis