[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv-out on 4:3 display with a 16:9 source

Paul Sykes soundin at msn.com
Tue Jan 27 18:21:36 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm using a nova-t with the tv-out of a pvr-350 on a 4:3 tv.

When I watch a channel that is transmitted in 4:3 (as reported by
mythbackend) the resulting aspect ratio of the tv-output is correct.
However if I try and view a channel that is transmitted in 16:9 the
tv-output looks pinched at the sides, with the picture stretched vertically
and shrunk horizontally.

The 'W' key cannot be used to change the aspect ratio as this does not
effect the pvr-350 decoder.   The recording profiles for the DVB card do not
have any aspect ratio configuration options.

Before I give up and buy a widescreen TV, has anybody got any ideas?

thanks,
Paul.