[mythtv-users] Re: Epia as Myth platform?

Jamison Wilde jamison_wilde at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 21:23:57 EST 2004

I am running an M10000 with a Seagate Barracuda 120GB
as frontend/backend and it works great.  Especially
now that there is xine playback w/ cle266 (corvus's
from ViaArena Linux Forum).

One note about the morex case is that it may have
problems with grounding that affect the network plug.
You may need to run a wire from the case to the MOBO.

Speaking of power consumption, has anyone tried out
the Via drivers for CPU power stepping?  This could be
something to look into, to drop the M10000 from
15watts or so idle down to 5-6 watts perhaps.  I've
been using this to good effect on my AMD64
(2Ghz->800Mhz idle).  Combine that with drive idle
spin down (no idea how, haven't looked), and you could
cut half the power off an idle system.  The wintv pvr
seems to put a lot off  heat too, perhaps there is
someway to idle it down in ivtv driver.  Something to
look into.