[mythtv-users] Running without a tv card

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Jan 28 01:03:33 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

Basically here is what I am trying to do.  I want to install MythTV to give me
a nice guide channel and maybe use the MP3 archiving stuff.  I do not have a
tuner card just yet though.

Basically I have everything the way I want it right now, I can see tv listings
and all...  There is just one catch...

If I do "find a tv programs" everything is fine.  If I go into just look
through the guide it starts up and then the backend dies.  I can peruse the
tv programs, and only occassionaly get a backend not found.

Some have told me its due to not having a tuner, but why come so close and
then blow up without even an error (Even with -verbose all, I get "Killed" on
the backend and thats it).

So whats up?  Am I screwed?

Thanks

Bill