[mythtv-users] No channel listings for the remote frontend?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Jan 28 02:45:16 EST 2004

Hi,

after the epia is sufficiently stable and therefore I'm gradually
loosing interest in it I'm expanding my myth setup. First step is a
remote frontend on my workstation, which works nicely, remote mysql
access and all; it even plays back video and tv over 11Mb WLAN and 10Mb
Hub. Upgrading the LAN is one of the next steps, a laptop for the
bedroom also.

Now to my problem, I don't get any channel listings in the epg for the
frontend ond the main machine everthing is fine. The frontend tells my I
don't have channels in the database. The OSD works fine, so the frontend
gets the information for live and recorded tv. It's just the EPG that
doesn't work. I can setup channel listings for a backend, but a
frontend? Shouldn't it get the channel listings from the backend, or do
I have to setup a slave backend on this machine even if it doesn't have
a grabber card?

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough