[mythtv-users] controlling mythtv using the /dev filesystem?

Matthew M Murphy mmmurf at umich.edu
Thu Jan 29 12:44:19 EST 2004

I don't plan to set up an IR remote control, but I would like to set up a
wifi web-based remote control using the web browser on my palm tungsten
pda.

I was thinking that it would be straightforward enough to write a simple
PHP driven web page that had a remote control interface that would load in
the PDA's web browser.

The problem is, I don't know how to use the linux command line to send a
keystroke to a particular window.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction or suggest a better approach?

-Matt