[mythtv-users] video stutters after changed configuration

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 05:59:50 EST 2004

I can't believe this is happening, but my video is stuttering slightly. It's not just mythtv, but playback through mplayer also does it. I've changed my hardware setup slightly, and I'm thinking that it's my ATA card that is causing this. It can't handle 4 simultaneous streams it looks like.

RAID0 (software) 4x160GB drives

Before (worked perfectly):
Each had their own channel. 2 drives on a ATA 133 card and the other 2 on a ATA 100 drive.

Now: (video stutters):
All 4 drives are on the ATA 133 card, 2 per channel, maximizing the card. UDMA is of course on.

Any recommendations to fix this?