[mythtv-users] prebuffering pause, ALSA versus OSS

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Jan 30 09:06:02 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm running kernel 2.6.2-rc1 (for the latest DVB drivers) with the
built-in ALSA with OSS emulation enabled. I have an nForce2 board and
want to use the on-board audio.

I'm getting prebuffering pauses with audio buffer overflows reasonably
often. I'm just recompiling with Nvidia Xvmc now to see if that helps.

Should I run ALSA + native ALSA in Myth, or ALSA + OSS emulation, or OSS
entirely?

Later I want S/PDIF out and AC3 passthrough, so the solution needs to
support that.

thanks
Hamish