[mythtv-users] video stutters after changed configuration

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:28:00 EST 2004

I went back to my old setup. One cable per drive and two ATA controller
cards to handle my four drives. It is a night and day difference with this
setup. I tried to get away from two controller cards because my motherboard
is messed up for some reason. When I put them both next to each other on the
PCI bus it won't detect one set of drives. I have to leave an empty PCI slot
inbetween, and no other card will work.

Next Question:
What hdparm flags are you guys running to get the best performance and
possibly good acoustive management out of your drives?