[mythtv-users] insmod of ivtv causes segfault on pundit w/ pvr-250

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Sat Jan 31 15:16:54 EST 2004

> 1) Are you sure your hardware is good?  Bad memory
> maybe?  If the system works fine without the 250, you
> could rule this out pretty quickly, but given that you
> said you've had problems before... just a thought.

Well, I got things to work with bttv, but I had a general high load and
it seemed more like software issues.  Using xawtv and all that worked
fine, so I'm guessing it might be the pvr-250.  I'm tempted to yank it
and put it into a windows system and see how well it works there.

The only other thing I can think of is that i've switched to using the
v4l2 stuff, which I'm not sure could cause any problems with the ivtv
drivers.  I'm thinking of a full reinstall of fedora and see what happens...

> 2) Are you using Axel's RPM's?  I use a 250 (rev2) and
> a 350 in a Pundit, with the latest firmware (17_21288)
> and the 0.1.9-22 ivtv rpm's from Axel's, and things
> work (mostly) smoothly here.  A few hiccups, but
> they're known bugs, and certainly not the level of
> broken you're dealing with.

yeah, i'm using them.  I'm not sure about the versions, however.   Did
you enable at-bleeding?

Reza