[mythtv-users] Multiple Frontends / Backends

Eric Joe sysop at tje1.com
Thu Jul 1 10:01:15 EDT 2004

> I figured out the problem here.  Somehow, when I reran mythtv-setup on
> the master server to change the IP from 127.0.0.1 to its real IP, it
> blew away all my input and lineup settings.  Fixed that and could then
> watch it.

John,

Something to note, in your Scenario 1. If you are watching Live TV on your
"main" Myth box that has the encoder card in it, then you try to watch
Live TV from the secondary Frontend, you wont be able to as your encoder
can only handle one operation at a time. So, "all inputs are being used"
is an accurate message. I get the same thing with mine.

Eric