[mythtv-users] OT: Why are people using Outlook etc. (was: Can't get remote control to work right)

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Thu Jul 1 11:09:18 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 10:33:05AM -0400, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> I have yet to encounter a corporate environment where I wasn't able to
> install, configure & use my own mail client and browser if I wanted to.

One word - Exchange. Yes, it can be configured to run as an IMAP/POP
server, but they wouldn't. I ended up setting up a new domain on an ADSL
line, and worked considerably more efficiently - as did the mail service :)
Now I doubt that would work in many places :(

--
Ivan Beveridge	<ivan at dreamtime.org>