[mythtv-users] OT: Why are people using Outlook etc.

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 1 13:57:32 EDT 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 08:45, Cotter, Paul M. wrote:
> IMHO, Outlook 2003 is a nice mail client.

I agree. Its the first version of Outlook that I actually *like*. All prior
versions look all the more crappier after seeing that Microsoft actually
*can* make a good email program. Can't wait until we can finally dump Outlook
2000 at work...

> IE is still crap

I agree there too.

> I'm not a
> Microsoft hater, unlike some people, for a variety of reasons that are
> not relevant to this list

Likewise.

> but I think they've started to release some
> decent client software in the last few years (Media Center Edition is
> *not* one of them).  I also think they've release some really good
> server software too recently (I'm not talking about W2K3, though I think
> it's pretty nice).

They definitely do have a mix of both totally crappy and very good software
(as well as so-so stuff).

> Just my thoughts, putting on flame-retardant thick skin now...

No flames coming from here.

> PS.  I realize that I often post OT for this list - I'm trying to ask
> relevant questions, but there's just so much stuff I feel compelled to
> comment on - too many opinionated users, I guess (including me).

Yes, this one is a tad bit OT... :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com