[mythtv-users] HDTV recording error: IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Thu Jul 1 14:43:25 EDT 2004

At 11:24 AM -0700 7/1/04, John Sturgeon wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm saw somebody mention this error a while back, but I never heard
>if anybody definitively resolved it.  Occasionally I get the IOBOUND
>error (see snip of mythbackend.log below) during a recording.  It
>isn't enough to abort the recording, but it definitely causes a
>glitch in the stream (very noticeable during playback).  I'm using a
>pcHDTV card. Originally, I thought that it could be related to CPU
>(as mentioned in the previous thread), so I stopped doing any
>transcoding until all recording is completed, but now I'm seeing it
>again.
>
>If anybody has any idea why this might be happening (or more
>importantly, how to stop it) I would love to hear.  If I don't hear
>much, I might post to the 'dev' list.

Is something else using the disk at the same time?  That's when I've
seen this error (or if DMA is turned off).

I'm still working on the stutters when full 1080i is playing, but
otherwise the pcHDTV is working well for me.
--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com || wendy at eff.org
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://www.eff.org/