[mythtv-users] Multiple Frontends / Backends

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Thu Jul 1 15:07:10 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:

> I've been staying out of this but there still seems to be some
> confusion here...

However, this doesn't answer John's question:

>	Now, let's say something like this happens:
>
>	1. Slave records a program, stores it in NFS.
>	2. Slave then is turned off/goes down/whatever.
>	3. Files are on master but slave is unreachable.
>
>	Will I be able to watch the recorded programs still?

Does the master backend actually recognize that the recorded programs
are on a shared directory, and adjust the database accordingly (the
"recorded" table in mythconverg)?  The reason I ask is that the database
contains the name of the backend (slave, in this example) that recorded
the show.  If the slave is down, can a frontend still show a program
that the slave recorded, if the show is in a shared directory accessible
by the master backend?

     My guess is, "no", but I haven't actually tried it.

[ And, if the answer is "no", it should be fixable by a database tweak
  (change the show hostname to that of the master backend).  I don't
  know the field name, offhand, though.  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com