[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping Error

Kevin Stussman kevins at solium.com
Fri Jul 2 12:00:34 EDT 2004

When I try to rip a DVD, there is a message something to the affect of :
"Cannot contact transcoding daemon...press a number key to try
again....if that doesn't work something is seriously wrong".

After doing some googling, I found that I was missing /mnt/store/dvdrip
and /mnt/store/mythvideo, so I created them (with permissions) but still
no luck. Do I need to restart the backend process (I haven't tried that
yet)...

Otherwise:
- /usr/bin/transcode exists
- I have emerged mythdvd libdvdread libdvdcss (others?)
- The mpeg2 and mpeg3 suite of tools seem to be there (mpegtranscode,
mpeg2enc, etc..)

Thanks,

Kevin.