[mythtv-users] New nVidia driver

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 2 17:15:40 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 13:56, Jim Coates wrote:
> > Do you have a good 540p modeline? I can't recall offhand what the exact
> > procedure is, but more or less, double all the values, and you should
> > wind up
> > with a 1080i modeline that produces similar placement as your 540p
> > modeline.
>
> > It worked for me going from 960x540p to 1920x540p, anyhow. I think it'd
> > hold up for doubling the 540 also...
>
> I'll try it, I am using your 960x540p modeline, just double all the values
> and add interlaced at the end?

I *think* so, but I'm not positive. I have yet to try it myself (haven't had
time). I should get to that this weekend...

> > > I am using a FX5200
> > > connected to the tv via DVI so I can't use any of those cool tv-out
> > > modes that nvidia has provided.  The tv is a Sony KP-57WV700.  If anyone
> > > has any
> > > alternative modelines for 1920x1080i, that'd be great.  I have used the
> > > ones posted here and elsewhere and when I launch X, it looks like the
> > > interlaced screens are off about 3/8" vertically which is hard to look
> > > at
> > > ;)
> >
> > So you get a solid picture, it just isn't perfectly placed? Fire up
> > xvidtune.
>
> No, it's not solid it looks like every other fram is 3/8" off vertically,
> like a nasty flicker... can't read anything.  Placement is fine.

Ah. Not pretty. I'll dig out my 1920x1080i modeline here shortly...

Not positive this'll work (winging it, don't have access to my actual one),
but you could give it a shot.:

Mode "1920x1080i"
        DotClock 74.52
        HTimings 1920 1952 2016 2208
        VTimings 1080 1084 1096 1125
        Flags "+HSync" "+VSync" "Interlace"
EndMode

You might need to flip VSync to -, not sure...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...