[mythtv-users] mythtv compile problem

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Fri Jul 2 18:30:53 EDT 2004

> I'm stuck, and it is probably an easy fix..... Any help?
>
> I had mythtv working fine with an xorg distribution from gentoo.  Then I
> went to update my system, and crazy gentoo (because I didn't tell it
> different) merged XFree into my system.  Bummer.
>
> So I unmerged both Xorg and Xfree, and went to the Xfree 4.3.0-r6.  I
> re-installed the mythtv prereqs and all looks good.
>
> But now when I "qmake mythtv.pro && make" I get:
> mythbackend: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: no version information
> available (required
> by /usr/local/lib/libmythtv-0.15.so.0)
>
> How do I get the version information into the libGL.so.1 file?  Just
> rebuilding X over and over isn't doing it!
>
> thanks.
> JD

I made a mistake in this post.....

I'm getting this mythbackend error when I try to run the mythbackend I
compiled when Xorg was the installed system.  I should have said that, and
said that the build of MythTV now that the new XFree is in place fails with
an error related to libGL.

So disregard, let me play, and I'll post again if I can't find it.

JD