[mythtv-users] Firewire and HDTV once again

Fri Jul 2 18:37:35 EDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 ian at duckland.org wrote:

> Okay - so I finally picked up my Comcast 6200 from Comcast today after
> going through (what felt like) a nightmare to get it.  And in a few days
> when the box syncs its channels and is able to receive HD channels
> properly I'll start playing with the firewire port on my myth box that
> keeps staring at me.  Going back through the archives I saw that someone
> managed to get the ddr1394 code partially working.  I'd like to test
> if if out, if anyone is willing to send it to me...
>
> Though I'm not a coder, I'll be upgrading to cvs again this weekend so if
> anyone wants to take a stab, I'm willing to test any code that'll get HDTV
> over firewire working (subject to hardware damage, of course!)

I am also very interested in this, but do not currently have a digital cable
box.

I did find this post, which might help you:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3303967#post3303967
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3665037#post3665037

John