[mythtv-users] shift/ctrl/alt + key keybindings (usb remote)

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Fri Jul 2 18:42:36 EDT 2004

> >I've got a USB remote (from a TwinHan DVB-t card). As is probably the
> >case with most of these USB remotes, they emulate a keyboard.
> >
> >I have got all the keystrokes for the buttons (except the power
button),
> >but two of them (vol+, vol-) are SHIFT-up and SHIFT-down. I would
like
> >to map these (in mythweb) but cannot find the correct words to use to
> >describe the key combination. I've googled, and looked through the
HOWTO
> >to no avail.

I have one too. As Stephen says, you could use Xmodmap to remap the
buttons to different keys. That's no good if you use a keyboard on the
machine though, because its keys will get remapped as well.

To be honest, you might find it easier to build a homebrew IR receiver
(www.lirc.org) and use LIRC, with which this remote works happily.

Cheers,

Jon