[mythtv-users] cut list -> comercial skip

Fri Jul 2 18:44:23 EDT 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> > I understand that to go into "edit mode", I press 'E' while watching a
> > show.  To load in the cut points indicated by the commercial detection
> > program, I press 'Z'.  I can then adjust the cut points.
> >
> > After I have done all of that, how do I export the cut list back to the
> > commercial skip database?  I am not really interested in transcoding
> > (the source is HDTV), I just want to be able to watch the show with
> > accurate commercial skipping.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John
>
> If you exit the editor with the "M" key it will save your changes to the
> cutlist.  The cutlist overrides the Auto Commercial Skip, so as soon as you
> save the cutlist, you will be skipping using your modified cutlist.  The
> cutlist is always used if it exists.  The Auto Commercial Skip is only used
> if it exists but a cutlist does not.
>
> --
>
> Chris

Okay, I think I know why I did not think it was working.

After editing the cutlist, the "prev" and "next" keys still jump to the
original commerical skip list, and do not seem to pay attention to the
edited cutlist.  If I just let the show play, then it does seem to skip
based on the edited cutlist.

Is there a reason the "prev"/"next" keys don't use the edited cutlist?
Note that I have not done this recently, so the observation may not apply
to the current CVS.

Thanks,

John