[mythtv-users] Merge files after reboot-interrupted recording finishes

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Jul 3 07:52:35 EDT 2004

I had to reboot my mythbox during a recording. Naturally, mythTV picked up
the recording right after the reboot, but it got me thinking: couldn't the
two files be merged after the recording has finished, perhaps with a
couple of seconds of frames with a message stating what has happened
in-between? Or maybe myth could see that the two files belong to the same
recording and inform the viewer about that fact when the first one
finishes playing, or even before showing the first one at all?

Feel free to shoot this down for whatever reason - just thought it seemed
like a good idea at the time I thought of it and I wanted to write it
down. What better place than out in the open on the ML? :)

/ Niklas