[mythtv-users] Audio issues (static) on XBox Frontend

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Sun Jul 4 17:15:25 EDT 2004

I'm having audio problem on my xbox frontend. I've searched the list
archives and the myth-xbox forum at bit.blkbk.com and haven't seen any
solution.

Occasionally when I'm watching recorded programs the audio will suddenly
turn to static (white noise). There may be a hint of the program's actual
audio in there, but it's almost inaudible. The static itself is quite loud.
It startles me almost every time it happens.

If I stop the video and restart it, or if I use left/right to skip
back/forward a few seconds the static goes away. It's not in the video file
itself, because I can skip back ten seconds and play the part that had the
static and it will play fine.

Any ideas?

---