[mythtv-users] RE: nvidia new drivers hdtv/interlacing, any benefit for us non HDTV people?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Jul 5 01:51:22 EDT 2004

HI!

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Placebo effect. Some people convinced themselves that the nVidia
> driver didn't "do" interlace and that the new driver "fixed"
> interlace so now they have to believe that the new driver is
> better. Fact is that the NTSC (or PAL) TV mode is the same as
> it was in previous versions of the driver.

I can tell you this: The new driver looks different for fast moving
objects (car racing for example). But that may be because I used the
nvidia-settings tool to reduce the Flicker Filter to 1 (0 eliminates
every other line, so 1 ist the first usable setting out of 255), not
because it does interlace better.

Thomas