[mythtv-users] Re: EFF calls for developers for MythTV

Dean Blackburn deano at deano.com
Tue Jul 6 13:37:48 EDT 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> While it's true the setup of those cards could be easier, that's a
> driver issue unrelated to mythtv.  Would you say that a game needed to
> be made better because you had problems installing the video card you
> bought to play it with?

Actually, the most intense games usually put very clear* recommendations
for hardware right on the box, so that you don't go home to a big chunky
10 fps surprise. These same games also try to solve as many install
issues as possible with the most popular cards available, as well as the
extreme high-end. Games that don't, generally, get pretty toasted in
their reviews for missing this.

Judging from the various websites, and the list itself, the pvr-250/350
are hands down the most recommended cards for mythTV... So, it might be
a good idea to at least warn people if they have a ton of configuration
issues, as well.

Does anyone have a thorough* hardware matrix/recommendation list for
mythtv? I can't find one easily, though there's something floating in my
head after reading several thousand list mails.

-deano