[mythtv-users] MythTV jumps back to beginning of the show (Bug?)

J. Scott jscott at oddpost.com
Tue Jul 6 14:11:33 EDT 2004

I've got this small but anoying problem when I am watching a show that is in the process of being recorded. The wife and I will often wait until 9:15 or 9:20 to start watching a show that began at 9:00. This way we still finish the show at 10:00, but with no commercials.

Anyway, when I try to skip forward in a program that is still recording, MythTV will occasionally throw me back to the very beginning of the program. I then have to skip all the way through the program to get back to where I was, and I'll occasionally get thrown back to the beginning a second time.

On a similar note, the 'Position Saved' function only works sporadically on programs that are in the process of being recorded. I'll often save the position of a show before I start skipping forward, in case I get thrown to the begining. About half of the time, the saved position doesn't stick and I still have to fast forward through the show.

Like I say, it's not that big of a deal, but it is a bit anoying. Is anyone else having this problem, or have any thoughts on fixing it?

Thx