[mythtv-users] Tip: Remote via PS/2 connector, no soldering needed :-)

Jason Keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Tue Jul 6 14:30:17 EDT 2004

On July 6, 2004 01:35 pm, John Goerzen wrote:
> I happened across a way to use a remote for a MythTV box that doesn't
> involve lircd: a wireless infrared keyboard and a learning remote.  I
> paid $37 for my setup and it is working very nicely, plus I would have
> used the keyboard and remote anyway ($17 for keyboard at newegg.com and
> $20 for remote at Walmart).

Cool tip, I just wanted to heed a warning though - I have an infared keyboard
and a learning remote. and tried this myself some moths ago with no luck.
Depending on the keyboard model and the remote model, I suspect the remote
model may not be able to read the codes.

Of course if you buy the exact same models as John did you obviously wouldn't
have an issue :)