[mythtv-users] MythTV jumps back to beginning of the show (Bug?)

J. Scott jscott at oddpost.com
Tue Jul 6 23:53:32 EDT 2004

Now that you mention it, the problem does seem to be brought on by dropped frames. I'm running a dedicated Myth box with an Athlon XP 2500+, so I don't think power is the issue. I do drop some frames, however, when I am recording and doing other things in mythTV, like scrolling through the TV listings. It seems as if holding down the arrow key to scroll through the TV listings is somehow processor intensive, causing some dropped frames.

On that same issue of dropped frames, the Myth frontend will occasionally freeze up and not respond to any keypresses when there is a heavy series of dropped frames.

I guess I need to pony up and get a PVR250.

-----Original Message from aaron <aiperl at rogers.com>-----

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:11:33 -0700 (PDT) spake J. of:

> Anyway, when I try to skip forward in a program that is still recording,
> MythTV will occasionally throw me back to the very beginning of the program.
> I then have to skip all the way through the program to get back to where I
> was, and I'll occasionally get thrown back to the beginning a second time.

I see this too. Not nearly as often since I built my dedicated box with faster
processor.... for me it seemed related to dropped frames, though I haven't
been able to prove it. I see this both with in-progress recordings and already
recorded stuff.

I seem to recall there was a discussion about this a while back, and it had
something to do with... I dunno, the position indicator jumping wildly or
something... I didn't fully understand.... maybe something about the framerate
not being 30 fps?

I haven't been bothered by it much since I got a processor fast enough to not
drop frames. :)

aaron