[mythtv-users] Weird sound problem with Asus Pundit

Graham Wheeler gram at geekraver.com
Wed Jul 7 00:17:49 EDT 2004

Hi all

I have a really odd problem with Myth and my Asus Pundit. The Pundit has an
audio out on the rear as well as a headphone jack on the front.  I have the
rear jack connected to my audio amp. When I use MythMusic or MythVideo, I
get sound just fine. But when I watch live TV or a recorded show in Myth TV,
I get no audio out the back - but I do get audio to the front headphone
jack.

The only thing I can guess at is that perhaps Myth TV is switching the
Pundit's audio controller into 5:1 mode, but that's just a wild guess; to me
it seems there should never be a difference between the front and rear audio
outputs. Anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this?

Tx

g.