[mythtv-users] Does weak cable signal cause problems...

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Jul 7 00:19:27 EDT 2004

Kelly wrote:

>  Just found an article that suggested that weak cable signals might
>  cause the skipping problems I'm having....and I noticed that some of
>  my channels come in pretty poorly of late.
>
>  I've got a call in to the cable co for tomorrow.....has anyone
>  experienced this causing skipping or orther recording problems with
>  the PVR 250 card?
>
>  Just curious and looking for answers...

I have this problem.  At first, I thought myth was screwing up because
it looked like an mpeg issue.  It wasn't until we were watching live tv
one day about 2 weeks ago that I realized that my cable signal had
dropped off significantly.  Long story short, one of the trained monkeys
(Or is that the primordial ooze that masquerades as trained monkeys?) at
the cable co are going to waddle their way out here this week to make my
mojo work.

--
Pinky, Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get latex gloves, a
swimming pool filled with vaseline and a herd of yaks at THIS time of night?