[mythtv-users] [SUMMARY] Live TV Pauses - Solved

Iain Waugh iain_pub at swiftdsl.com.au
Wed Jul 7 07:12:28 EDT 2004

Heya,

> frontend -> setup -> general -> audio output device

Thanks for this (and please excuse the late reply).

I have fixed my problem by purchasing an AU$20 PCI sound card based on
the cx88xx chipset.

I switched over from using the integrated sound chip on my Sapphire
Axion 9100 IGP motherboard and playback now works a treat.

I have a fully working Myth box!!!

I still have some testing to prove that the 9100's sound driver isn't
good (I think I may just have loaded the modules in the wrong order),
but I won't know for a week or so when I get the chance to try it out.

Working hardware summary:
  Saphire Axion 9100 IGP motherboard
  nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 video (for TV-out - the IGP's TV-out isn't
supported yet)
  'el cheapo CMI-8738 based sound card.
  Pentium 4 1.8Ghz
  256MB RAM