[mythtv-users] mplayer won't play transcoded files?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Wed Jul 7 12:24:40 EDT 2004

I've got a bunch of movies that I've recorded off various cable channels. I
wanted to clean up my "Recorded Programs" list, so I copied the .nuv files
to my MythVideo folder, renaming them to <movie_name>.avi in the process.
Then I added them to the MythVideo movie list.

But none of them will play. Mplayer either freezes or drops me back to
MythVideo. Can mplayer not play myth's mpeg4 transcoded files?

(I can play them in Windows without any problems)

---