[mythtv-users] Picture in Picture

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Wed Jul 7 12:30:21 EDT 2004

Hi Corey,

* Corey Woodworth <cdwom at mpinet.net>, Monday, July 5, 2004, 11:34:41 PM:

> Is it possible to get picture in picture with just one card?
Thats just possible with Digital cards, that get a multiplexed stream
of more than one channel from satelite or cable.
> And if I use 2 cards how do I get picture in picture from a single
> source?
Thats no problem, you just setup the second card in mythsetup like you
did with the first. AFAIK Jarods Guide is just being updated for
multiple cards.
> I only have one cable provider and I'm not interested in getting an
> antennae but I'd like to PiP differnet channels.
> My TV can natively do it so it must be possible.
Your TV has two tuners.
> Also, I don't mind dropping a bundle on a more exspensive card that
> has this feature so I don't have to waste 2 PCI slots and/or split
> the signal before feeding it to 2 seperate cards. Does the PVR-350
> have this feature?
You need more than one PVR for this, or you have to go to some digital
source (satelite or digital cable).

HTH

 Timo