[mythtv-users] LCD / VFD problems

mythml at wolke7.net mythml at wolke7.net
Thu Jul 8 07:21:28 EDT 2004

I have a SilverStone case with a built in VFD display. The driver is
supposed to be compatible to the HD44780 and I installed LCDd and recompiled
MythTV without any problems. It basicly works fine and MythTV messages look
quite nice (thanks to the developers!). But there are some "strange"
effects:

1) When watching live TV there is something like a large "L" in the upper
left corner. Everything else looks fine. Looking closer the "L" actually is
a vertical line and an underscore. The display has a "hardware-underscore",
not dots but really a line below the 7x5 dots.

2) When listening to music the first (scrolling) line looks ok. But in the
second line the progress indicator looks weird: a block that is not
ccomplete (evolving from left to right) shows the underscore decribed above,
looks fine otherwise. But when the block ought to be full it does not show a
full block but a "y" with dots above (like an umlaut-y, if such thing
exists).

3) Real umlauts are not shown correctly in T nor music playback. The letters
exist in the driver font but probabely at the wrong codes.

Is there any thing I can do to solve these issues?

Thomas

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl