[mythtv-users] One frontend looks great, the others not so good

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Jul 8 08:48:51 EDT 2004

Op woensdag 7 juli 2004 23:06, schreef John Goerzen:
> I have one backend and three frontends on my LAN.  One of the frontends
> looks nice.  Its fonts are antialiased.  When I press M while watching
> TV, the background of the popup menu is nicely shaded.  If I press M and
> then select the guide, it looks great.
>
> On the other two frontends, the background of the menu is not shaded at
> all.  If I press M and then select the guide, the video will continue
> playing in the corner like usual, but the guide itself flickers a lot.
> It makes it hard to use.  Fonts are clearly not anti-aliased.

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/LittleGems

"Did you know that...

...you can enable antialiasing by executing 'export QT_XFT=1' before starting
MythFrontend? (ref.)"
[ (ref.) = http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/4684 ]

Probably you use another window manager or desktop environment on the
different machines? Tried copying over the settings? (say $HOME/.gnome/)

Hope this helps,

	Henk Poley <><