[mythtv-users] only root can pause live tv

Jason Kraftcheck jkraftch at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 8 17:23:16 EDT 2004

I've encountered a strange error I'd really appreciate some help with.
I did most of the configuration of a new myth box as root, and then as
one of the final steps in setting up the box, I changed mythfrontend to
a) start automatically and b) run as the user 'mythtv' rather than root.
 Everything works fine, except I cannot pause live TV.  If I change back
to running as root, it works fine.  If it is run as the 'mythtv' user,
live TV playback is fine, but trying to pause it results in a quick
play->pause->play transistion in the little status overlay in the
upper-right, but no visible change in the TV playback.  Any suggestions?

thanks much,

-- jason kraftcheck