[mythtv-users] Built In Mythfilldatabase Automation
jlmelohn at jcsm.com
Thu Jul 8 23:07:17 EDT 2004
I had a similar problem. It turned out that when I installed the new version
of wget (1.9.1), it installed in /usr/local/bin. Since /usr/local/bin/ was
in root's path, it worked fine when mythfilldatabase was run as root.
However, it did not work from cron. I moved wget to /usr/bin overwriting the
old version of wget and mythfilldatabase works great when run from cron.
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mike Wood
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 2:50 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Built In Mythfilldatabase Automation
I was struggling with the relatively new built in mythfilldatabase
automation not running at all until last week when the issue with the
housekeeping table was uncovered and resolved. Now, it runs
automatically at the scheduled time, but the new issue is that it
doesn't do anything. It runs and I get a log file generated by it, but
it doesn't put anything in the database. In the log file, I see
references to dates that are weird, Like November 25th, and February
I also see a line that reads: wget: unrecognized option
The status page in Mythweb reads with the same typical language: "Last
mythfilldatabase run started on 2004-07-07 17:03 and ended on
2004-07-07 17:03. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data
into the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure."
If I just log into the machine and run mythfilldatabase manually, it
works perfectly. I'm using datadirect.
More information about the mythtv-users