[mythtv-users] Re: Any progress on Internet radio & Myth?

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Fri Jul 9 08:52:57 EDT 2004

 > Just following up on an message posted at the beginning
 > of the year. My Mythbox has all the functionality I
 > could want except for tapping into Internet radio sources.
 > From my recollection, there was some development on that
 > front, but for sometime now, it's been very quiet.

I've been listening to streaming Internet music on my myth box for
half a year now.  There's a patch that'll let you do it that I've been
working on.  The unfortunate part is there is no GUI update to allow
you to manage the feeds; you need to hack the database directly.  But
it works!

Perhaps if someone would take the patch and run with trying to add a
new item under the main music tree (Add a new item at the same level
as Audio CD, All My Music, etc, that is labeled "Internet Radio" or
something to that effect).

http://stealthboy.com/musicstream.020804.patch.tar.gz

Basically, you need to add a row to the musicmetadata table like this:

INSERT INTO musicmetadata
		(artist,
		album,
		title,
		filename)
	VALUES
		('Streaming',
		'SomaFM',
		'Groove Salad',
		'shoutcast://64.236.34.196:80/stream/1018');

Enjoy,
-Mike