[mythtv-users] LCD / VFD problems

Thomas mythml at wolke7.net
Fri Jul 9 11:02:46 EDT 2004

Hi Oliver and all,

no, it is not exactly that device. My controller is connected to the
parallel port, not by USB.

But the font and even the display driver seems to be the same. I have
found the two triangles which I described below at code 14h=20d in your
patch. Do you have complete instructions for the controller used in
your display?

The only thing close to my display is the HD44780U. There is a version
called "ROM Code A02" which has the y-umlaut at 255 and the double
triangle at 20. But some other codes (for example decimal 16-19) do not
match my display. I wonder how many variants are out there...

Thomas