[mythtv-users] Displaying 4:3 content on a 16:9 TV - black borders

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jul 9 16:40:02 EDT 2004

----------quote----------

I have a question regarding the black borders which show on a 16:9 format TV
when displaying video in 4:3 format. I have a rear projection TV and I'm
concerned that the lack of "normal" burn where these black bars are will
someday become very apparent in contrast to the rest of the picture. Is
there an easy way to change the color of these black borders? Maybe a dark
gray would be more appropriate? If I were to change this in code, where
would I look, in libs/libmythtv/videoout.xv.cpp? Could it be as simple as
changing an Xv parameter?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Please dont post to the list in html format, it causes the people who get a
digest version to get gibberish. I dont know how to change the color of the
background but if you asked this question in the developers forum I suspect
you will get the answer you seek.

I too would like to change the color of the border on my widescreen so
please post your results.

Bill