[mythtv-users] making mythtv tiny.

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Fri Jul 9 19:28:22 EDT 2004

Hey Jack,

Wasn't there a hack that ran mythfrontend instead of a proper WM under
K?  If you can find that, you may get a list of bits that are no longer
required for running a dedicated myth box.  (what's all that other stuff
for, when it's just there to auto-run MFE anyway? 8-)

GLuck, and thsoe of us looking to put tiny backend/frontend boxes
together for family would probably like a CC on any news.

  - bish

Jack Burghardt wrote:

> Was anyone thinking about creating tiny mythtv distibution? My dish network
> dvr has some of recording portion of mythtv done in 4mb of flash, but I am
> not talking about that small. There are few distributions based on uClib now
> debian, crux and gento. My question is is it posible to compile qt or
> qt-enabled to work with Xwindows and compile mythtv and the create iso
> without any development tools.
> Will all the neccessary library compile on uClib?

	Andy Kaufman LIVES!
	http://andykaufmanreturns.blogspot.com
				Or does he?