[mythtv-users] New Nvidia Gforce Drivers vs XVMC

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 9 22:18:55 EDT 2004

I have turned off the deinterlace and I am using 6106 drivers from nVidia.  My
resolution is at 640x480 (I've also used 800x600 the only two that seem to work
with the new driver).  On the back of the card is an S-Video out put but since I
don't have s-video on any of my devices I've had to use a converter to Compsite.
I have the TVOutputFormat = "Composite".  I'm going to try S-Video and see what
happens.  Just for reference I'm running a Gigabyte G7N400 Pro 2 with XP 2500+
(not overclocked).  Just so you know I was playing around with xine today so I
could use the dvd menus (what a great package but thats for another post).  Any
way I noticed that the dvd output looked great.  The colours where vibrant and
no blurring of the image.  Where MythTV seems blurred and a little washed out.

Stephen