[mythtv-users] RE: Pixelview BT878P+

Tony Harmelink Ace at Acescrypt.us
Sat Jul 10 00:19:22 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 22:22, you wrote:
> Tony Harmelink wrote:
> >
> > .
>
> Video has to deal with you video card driver.  Make sure you are using
> xvideo extensions (supported by nvidia graphic cards and newer ATI cards)

I upgraded to the newest nvidia drivers, 6106, and now for live tv i get a
black screen for about 10 seconds and it goes back to the tv menu. I also
tried the older 'stable' ones, 46??, and it wouldn't install for a 2.6
kernel. I also tried a differient card, GeForce 4 4200, and it too yeilded a
black screen, but this time in both 'nv' and 'nvidia' drivers.

I also checked and verified that my current card was using XVideo.
I think it just might be too old, it's a 32MB Riva TNT2
--
It's not my fault the earth is flying around a giant nuclear explosion in the
sky!