[mythtv-users] via epia m10k mythfrontend > 90% cpu load

Kevin Barsby Kevin.Barsby at Sun.COM
Sun Jul 11 20:38:40 EDT 2004

> have you got any info's on how to make the libddmpeg work on distros not
> supported by via (im using debian sarge and not willing to change that)

I'm using the all binary via drivers on Gentoo.

The howto for this is here
(http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=EpiaXfree). It's
Gentoo specific, but the "manual" installation should apply for all
distros. This seems to include libddmpeg.so...

There is also a section on mpeg2 decoding, but I guess that's not
necessarily required if you installed the binary driver.

Cheers
Kev