[mythtv-users] OT? /proc/pci

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 07:50:06 EDT 2004

At 07:37 12/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a dual pentium III box running Gentoo and MythTv.  I currently have
>a PVR-250 and a GeForce4 440 MX.  I'm trying to add a PVR-250MCE I bought
>from Z-buy awhile back.  I can't seem to get the thing recognized by the
>IVTV drivers.  In a fit of desperation I looked at:
>
>more /proc/pci

OT, but you're aware that /proc/pci is deprecated now?

>and also
>
>lspci
>
>and in neither command is the 250MCE listed.
>
>Am I correct in assuming that if its not showing up in /proc/pci that I'm
>never going to get the drivers to load?  Is this some sort of hardware
>conflict?

If it doesn't show up with lspci, then there's something wrong at the
hardware level. Disable/remove all non-essential hardware and check for any
IRQ conflicts; the PVR cards need an IRQ all to themselves, and typically
don't show up on the bus if they can't grab one.