[mythtv-users] Recommendation for DVB-T card

Thomas mythml at wolke7.net
Mon Jul 12 10:03:33 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have build a MythTV system with a AverTV DVB-T card running on Fedora
Core 2 with a 2.6.7 kernel. Unfortunately that card shows a lot of
errors - in the TV picture and in the log file. A stand alone DVB-T
receiver connected to the same antenna has no problems at all. I have
spent several hours trying to get this going and I do not want to spend
any more.

So I am looking for a better card to buy. The following cards are
available in town:

- V-Stream DVB-T PCI
- VisionDTV Digital Terrestrial TV Card PCI
- Technisat Airstar
. SL DVB-T PCI (not sure what the company name is...)

I appreciate any opinions, positive or negative, about those cards.

Thomas