[mythtv-users] Mythtv, nvidia and tvout

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Jul 13 03:20:13 EDT 2004

HI!

huffman at graze.net wrote:

> I have never since I started been able to get smooth playback w/o motion blur.
> I experience the following problems:  non-smooth playback during panning, motion
> blur for even things as simple as someone turning their head quickly on the
> screen, jumpy motion on stock tickers.

I have EXACTLY the same problems. I have also tried several options and
different drivers.

Compared to the quality of the PVR-350 TV-out (which is unfortunately a
bit unstable), it's really bad.

I have always motion blur. The non-smooth playback during panning is not
always the same. There are times, where it's almost gone and there are
times, where it's really bad.

Maybe it's influenced by at which point of the recording I start the
playing or whatever.

There is nothing using CPU during playing besides mythfrontend (about
25-30%) and DMA for the HD is on.

Until now I thought, the Celeron 2.6 GHz may be the problem, because of
its small cache, but since you have a P4...

Maybe XvMC is the solution. Pleae let me know, if it helps.

Fedore Core 1
Kernel 2.4.22.2194
NVidia 6106 (also tried 4363 for some time)
Myth 0.15.1
Recording at 720x576, 7000/8000 bps
X runs at 800x600

Accidently, I used 640x480 at one time. And the non-smooth playback
during panning was better, I think.

Celeron 2.6 GHz
512 MB
GeForce FX5200